International Congress on Cork Oak Trees and Woodlands: conservation, management, products and challenges for the future
3° Congresso Nazionale del Sughero (e delle foreste a quercia da sughero)
Sassari (Italy), 25-26 May 2017
The Department of Science for Nature and Environmental Resources of the University of Sassari, the Forestry and Wood Research Centre of the Italian Council for Agricultural Research and Economicsand the Institute of Ecosystem Study of the National Research Council, organization unit of Sassari, are pleased to invite you to the “International Congress on Cork Oak Trees and Woodlands: conservation, management, products and challenges for the future”, coinciding with the 3° National Congress of Cork.
The event, which is part of the activities of the regional research project “Multifunctional role of Cork Oak Forests”, will be held in Sassari from 25 to May 26, 2017.
Conference coordinator: prof. Sandro Dettori
Plenary lectures by keynote speakers, oral and poster presentations will concentrate on the following themes:
- Session 1: Ecology, ecophysiology, health and genetic resources
- Session 2: Forest monitoring and management, land and forest planning
- Session 3: Multifunctionality of cork oak systems, biodiversity, climate change mitigation and landscape/ecosystem services
- Session 4: History, economics and policy, social perception and communication, certification
- Session 5: Cork supply chain technology, supply chain arrangements, markets and trade foresight, product and process innovation.
VISIT THE WEB SITE OF THE CONGRESS: http://www.corkoaksardiniacongress.it
(Segnalato da: Sandro Dettori)