EFIMED has and open position for a Junior Researcher at the EFIMED Offices in Barcelona, Spain.
The European Forest Institute (EFI) is an international organisation established by European States. EFIMED – Mediterranean Regional Office of EFI – aims to coordinate and promote research and networking on Mediterranean forests, forestry and forest products. EFIMED promotes and conducts research, policy advice and networking activities as well as capacity building on key scientific priorities within the scope of the Mediterranean Forest Research Agenda (MFRA).
EFIMED is seeking a Junior Researcher in Natural Resource Management. Experience in participatory processes and / or knowledge of watershed management would be an advantage. The working language of the Institute is English.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The Junior Researcher will be integrated into the EFIMED team and will provide support for research and networking activities. In particular:
• Support in the identification of water challenges under global change in selected catchments
• Conduct economic valuation and cost-efficiency analysis of different resource management options, under the supervision of a senior researcher
• Support in the development of innovative solutions for natural resource management (water, forests…)
• Assistance in EFIMED initiatives to increment research outreach and to facilitate the science-policy interface, including contributions to EFIMED communication tools.
• Support in capacity building activities
• Support in project administration (project proposals, financial issues, reporting, communication with partners, intranet development)
Interested candidates are requested to apply online by 28 February, 2014.
The full job description can be found here
EFIMED publishes our Network Newsletter monthly, with a distribution of almost 1000 direct recipients across the Mediterranean network and beyond. We would like to remind you that we encourage all our members and partners to send items that may be of interest to the network.
Articles or findings of interest, project news, summary of a recent publication, news from events that have a pan-Mediterranean interest. Any article should be around 300 words (and certainly no longer than 500 words)with links to more information / press releases / website where a reader can learn more if they wish to. All articles need at least one photograph but if there are more, then so much the better. Photographs should be credited to the photographer and should be rights free.
This is just a listing with a link to the publication if it is rights free, or a link to the journal where the article can be found.
Events / workshops / summer schools etc / courses etc.
Just a listing, with a link to more information (website, PDF)
Please send photos if you have any.
Open jobs, calls for abstracts, training opportunities, etc.
Concise listing with a link to more information.
Please have a look at the recent editions of the bulletin for examples of what we publish. However, we always welcome new ideas and approaches!
Please note that items that are not date sensitive may be kept for a later edition and that space is limited, so if an article does not make it into the bulletin, it may be published on the EFIMED website in news or events, as appropriate.
I hope to receive your news and views!