segnalato da Valentina Mereu
There are five available positions (3 positions with scholarship and 2 positions without scholarship) for the PhD course in “Agrometeorology and Ecophysiology of Agricultural and Forestry Eco-Systems“, for the XXIX cycle of the doctoral school in “Agricultural sciences”, University of Sassari (Italy).
The aim of the “Agrometeorology and Ecophysiology of Agricultural and Forestry Eco-Systems” PhD course is to provide a high qualification in the field of management of agricultural and forestry productive systems and in the conservation, protection and enhancement of natural resources. The learning of specific methodologies and the acquisition of the ability in analyzing techniques will allow to plan scenarios of environmental development of the agricultural and forestry ecosystems, by carrying out a timely intervention on local criticalities too.
The specific research lines of the PhD course are:
– Climate impact Analysis on agriculture, forest, and natural ecosystems, with particular attention to adaptation and mitigation techniques and dynamics.
– Study of micrometeorological processes in agricultural, forestry and natural systems and analysis of the dynamics governing carbon and water balance.
– Analysis of ecophysiological processes in Mediterranean agro-ecosystems with specific attention to water stress conditions.
– Land evaluation analysis, with focus on the identification of bioclimatic indices, on agricultural and forestry land capability and suitability analyses, and on green management.
– Modelization and simulation of crop water requirements and irrigation efficiency estimates, in climate change conditions.
– Analysis of the interactions between climate change and forest fire risk.
– Development and validation of models suitable for forest and agricultural systems functionality and productivity studies.
– Biodiversity and agro biodiversity management and use in the context of cropping systems sustainability.
The deadline for requesting participation is December 10th, 2013.