segnalato da Mauro Agnoletti
Linking Biological and Cultural Diversity in Europe
1st European Conference for the Implementation of the UNESCO-SCBD Joint Programme on Biological and Cultural Diversity
Dates: 8-11 April 2014, Florence, Italy
Call for abstracts
The Conference Scientific Committee welcomes submission of abstracts for presentations in technical and poster sessions. Submitted abstracts should address one or more of the following Conference themes:
- Interactions between cultural and biological diversity and identification of linkages between cultural and biological diversity in the European context
- Historical development of biodiversity patterns associated with “natural” and “cultural” landscapes, including the interacting actors, factors and processes
- Traditional agricultural and forest management practices
- Development of methods and approaches for the assessment of the links between biological and cultural diversity and the resulting “bio-cultural” diversity
- Development of integrated management strategies at landscape level
- Implementation of international, regional and national agreements dealing with cultural and biological diversity
More information to be provided when submitting an abstract.
Title of the paper (less than 20 words long): should clearly summarize the topic of the abstract. Name, organizational affiliation and email address of each author. The author who will present the paper or poster at the Conference must be designated as the Presenting Author.
Key words or phrases: up to 5.
Main text of abstract (170-200 words): Should describe the context and specific problem/topic of study, methods, main results and conclusions in plain writing.
Criteria for selection
All abstracts will be reviewed and evaluated by members of the Conference Scientific Committee. Primary selection criteria include scientific quality, topical significance, and relevance to the Conference themes and to the particular topic to which the abstract is submitted.
Abstracts will be evaluated after the 15 December 2013 submission deadline. Acceptance decisions will be made no later than 15 January 2014.
A selection of papers will be offered to be published in a book with the publisher Springer Verlag. Conference organizers will explore alternative publication options as special issues of journals for papers and/or posters presented in their sessions.
All abstract proposals should be submitted online to this address: http://landscapeunifi.it/en/call
Registration: the conference has no registration fee. The organization will provide conference materials, buffet and conference dinner at no cost. Participants are requested to pay for their own travel expenses and lodging.
Further information and conference secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Dr. Phd Valentina Marinai
Organizers: UNESCO, S-CBD, Tuscan Region, Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Forestry Policies, Italy, Laboratory for Landscape and Cultural Heritage – University of Florence
Patronages: IUFRO, Ministry of Environment, Florens Foundation