The Thünen Istitute for Climate-smart Agriculture is looking for a Research scientist (PhD student) to model atmospheric nitrogen deposition and its effects on greenhouse gas exchange in different ecosystems.
- MSc (or similar) in Meteorology, Computer Sciences, Agricultural, Soil, Forest or EnvironmentalSciences, Geography, Geoecology, Biology or related disciplines;
- experience in application and development of SVAT models;
- good programming skills and experience in processing large data sets (Matlab, etc.);
- knowledge of transformation and exchange processes of N and C compounds in plant, soil and atmosphere;
- interest in model development and analytical work;
- high motivation and interest in tackling scientific problems, good command of English.
Deadline for applications: 2 August 2013.