Dating anthropogenic and natural changes in a fragile Alpine environment
INTERNATIONAL GEOCHRONOLOGY SUMMER SCHOOL 2010
Categoria: Corsi di Specializzazione
Inviato da: Giorgio Matteucci
Data evento: 05 – 10 Set 2010
Klosters Dorf (Switzerland)
05 sept – 10 sept 2010
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2010
The Summer School is open to young researchers worldwide.
– numerical methods (radiocarbon, exposure dating with cosmogenic nuclides, OSL, etc.)
– dendrochronology, Ice-core chronologies
– relative methods (soil weathering, Schmidt-hammer technique, etc.)
Reconstruction of environmental parameters
– dendroecology, stable isotopes, etc.
Climate and landscape history
– Forest fires, charcoal identification and dating
Reconstructing geomorphic processes
– Avalanches, debris flows, rock fall, etc.
Participation is competitive and will be limited to a max of 20.
The registration fee includes full accommodation (room sharing) breakfast, lunch and diner, excursion and teaching material.
Registration fee: 880,- CHF (~ 600,- Euro / ~ 770,- USD)